Monday, December 1, 2014

December '14 Charles Dickens



Happy December!

Well last month was so much fun, let's do it again! Charles was an international literary celebrity of his time (and ours!) With almost 80 different books/stories, he made $1.5million in today's currency. Yowza! (www.biography.com)


Charles Dickens

Oliver Twist
A Christmas Carol
The Pickwick Papers
David Copperfield

***

I think it's pretty convenient that it's December and a Christmas Carol is one of our options! I purchased a collection of Dickens's Christmas stories and A Christmas Carol is one of them. Nothing like getting in the Christmas spirit!

What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Oliver Twist! I am only a few chapters in but am enjoying it greatly; it is a slow process as I have to stop and look up words fairly frequently! It is quite a sarcastic book so far, which I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already finished A Christmas Carol....I know, I really got ahead of myself!!! Anyway, it was a good book and makes a person want to appreciate more those we walk through this life beside.

    ReplyDelete